For general information on the California Building Standards Code Adoption Cycle Process, click here.
The California Building Standards Commission (BSC) will receive proposed code changes from several state agencies, including (but not limited to) the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), the Division of the State Architect - Access Compliance (DSA-AC), the Division of the State Architect - Structural Safety (DSA-SS/CC), the Office of the State Fire Marshal (SFM), the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for code change consideration in the 2018 Triennial Code Adoption Cycle. The proposed code change submittals include the text of the proposed changes and justification, and are reviewed in the following phases of the adoption cycle:
- 2018 Triennial Code Adoption Cycle Timeline (PDF)
- Pre-Cycle Activities (forthcoming)
- Code Advisory Committee Review (forthcoming)
- 45-Day and 15-Day Public Comment Periods (forthcoming)
- Commission Meeting (forthcoming)
- Approved Standards (forthcoming)